Early 3-4 lb greenheads on compact plants. 5-7" diameter, round, solid, tight, well balanced heads of excellent quality. Sweet spicy flavor with buttery undertones when cooked. Great for coleslaw and stir-fries. Great space savers!USES: Fresh Markets, Home Gardens, Shipping.
Pollination occurs by insect, bird, wind, humans, or other natural mechanisms. Because there are no restrictions on the flow of pollen between individuals, open-pollinated plants are more genetically diverse. However, as long as pollen is not shared between different varieties within the same species, then the seed produced will remain true-to-type year after year.
This variety has a history of being passed down within a family or community, similar to the generational sharing of certain items like jewelry or furniture.
VEGETABLE SEED AND PLANTING GUIDE
|Direct Seed (100 Ft.)||Distance Apart In Row After Thinning||Space Between Rows||Planting Depth|
* This is an estimated guide. Conditions may vary considerably due to location.
ESTIMATED DAYS TO MATURITY
APPROXIMATE SEED COUNT
- 6,690 per Oz.
- 107,144 per Lb.
- Chamomile and garlic improve growth and flavor
- Catnip, hyssop, rosemary and sage deter cabbage moth
- Dill improves growth and health
- Mint deters cabbage moth and ants, improves health and flavor
- Nasturtium deters bugs, beetles, aphids
- Southernwood deters cabbage moth, improves growth and flavor
- Tansy deters cabbageworm and cutworm
- Thyme deters cabbageworm
- Kohlrabi and tomato stunt each other's growth