Widely adapted, mid-day jumbo yellow onion! Slightly flattened 3-4" globes with golden brown skin and a sweet, mild, white flesh. Less pungent than northern types and stores better than the typical southern grown onion. Grows just about everywhere in the contiguous US! Stores for months. Excellent choice for fresh markets and home gardens.
Created from a controlled method of pollination in which the pollen of two different species or varieties is crossed by human intervention. Typical F1 varieties are deliberately created to breed a desired trait. Gardeners who use hybrid plant varieties usually purchase new seed every year, however, over several years the seed could eventually be used for open pollination
VEGETABLE SEED AND PLANTING GUIDE
|Direct Seed (100 Ft.)||Distance Apart In Row After Thinning||Space Between Rows||Planting Depth|
* This is an estimated guide. Conditions may vary considerably due to location.
ESTIMATED DAYS TO MATURITY
APPROXIMATE SEED COUNT
- 9,000 per Oz.
- 144,000 per Lb.
- Cabbage Family
- Chamomile and summer savory improve growth and flavor
- Pigweed raises nutrients from subsoil and makes them available to the onions
- Sow thistle improves growth and health
- Onions stunt bean and pea