One of the easiest bunching green onion varieties to grow! Dark green, slender, ½" onion stalks with small, tender ½" diameter bulbs. Very fragrant with a powerfully spicy, crisp bite! Compact, vigorous variety. Suitable for containers. Holds up well, resists flopping. Flavor and texture hold extremely well. Great choice for new gardeners as it is generally free from pests and disease! Suitable for containers.
Pollination occurs by insect, bird, wind, humans, or other natural mechanisms. Because there are no restrictions on the flow of pollen between individuals, open-pollinated plants are more genetically diverse. However, as long as pollen is not shared between different varieties within the same species, then the seed produced will remain true-to-type year after year.
VEGETABLE SEED AND PLANTING GUIDE
|Direct Seed (100 Ft.)||Distance Apart In Row After Thinning||Space Between Rows||Planting Depth|
* This is an estimated guide. Conditions may vary considerably due to location.
ESTIMATED DAYS TO MATURITY
- Cabbage Family
- Chamomile and summer savory improve growth and flavor
- Pigweed raises nutrients from subsoil and makes them available to the onions
- Sow thistle improves growth and health
- Onions stunt bean and pea