Very productive. Bush type plant yields thick, flat ¾" x 6" Italian green beans that are very flavorful and slightly sweet. Stringless when picked young. 12-24" tall. Excellent resistance to rust makes this variety high yielding for fall crops. Excellent raw or rustcooked. USES: Canning, Freezing, Fresh Markets, Home Gardens.
* Nitrogen-fixer in the soil - chop up plant and work it back into the soil
Pollination occurs by insect, bird, wind, humans, or other natural mechanisms. Because there are no restrictions on the flow of pollen between individuals, open-pollinated plants are more genetically diverse. However, as long as pollen is not shared between different varieties within the same species, then the seed produced will remain true-to-type year after year.
VEGETABLE SEED AND PLANTING GUIDE
|Direct Seed (100 Ft.)||Distance Apart In Row After Thinning||Space Between Rows||Planting Depth|
* This is an estimated guide. Conditions may vary considerably due to location.
ESTIMATED DAYS TO MATURITY
- Cabbage Family
- Marigold deters Mexican bean beetles
- Nasturtium and rosemary deter bean beetles
- Summer savory deters bean beetles, improves growth and flavor
- Garlic, onion and shallot stunt the growth of beans