The Calypso cucumber plant produces very early, high yielding and uniform cucumbers. This variety is a dependable, heavy yielding cucumber. The Calypso produces firm, 1” diameter cucumbers that are excellent for pickling or eating fresh.
Pollination occurs by insect, bird, wind, humans, or other natural mechanisms. Because there are no restrictions on the flow of pollen between individuals, open-pollinated plants are more genetically diverse. However, as long as pollen is not shared between different varieties within the same species, then the seed produced will remain true-to-type year after year.
VEGETABLE SEED AND PLANTING GUIDE
|Direct Seed (100 Ft.)||Distance Apart In Row After Thinning||Space Between Rows||Planting Depth|
* This is an estimated guide. Conditions may vary considerably due to location.
ESTIMATED DAYS TO MATURITY
APPROXIMATE SEED COUNT
- 1,000 per Oz.
- 16,000 per Lb.
DISEASE RESISTANCE OR TOLERANCE
Cucumber Mosaic Virus
Target Leaf Spot
- Cabbage Family
- Marigold deters beetles
- Nasturtium deters aphids, beetles and bugs, improves growth and flavor
- Oregano deters pests in general
- Tansy deters ants, beetles, bugs, flying insects
- Sage is generally injurious to cucumber